[Help-glpk] Ask help of calling glpk static lib

From: Andy Scott
Subject: [Help-glpk] Ask help of calling glpk static lib
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 16:57:07 +0000

Dear Mr.Andrew Makhorin,

I am a graduated student now dealing my work with linear programming, and
very fortunate and happy to have the opportunity of using your code of glpk,
which has saved a lot of my time. Here, I would say thank you.
But I have a question when using it under Windows OS.
The descriptions are as follows:
I compile it with VC to a static lib. The glpk will link to my code
staticly.
My code mainly is User's Interface and parameters generation, and
call the glpk functions in a working thread.

1) Win2k, VC6, glpk with Multi-thread or Multi-thread debug style
my code in Multi-thread debug,
the code will have a 352 bytes or so memory leakage when the thread finished
and a "int 3" user break occur.
When my code is in Multi-thread mode, no error occur but seems have no debug
information.

2) Winxp, VC2003, what ever style the glpk static lib is compiled,
the exe file can be created with no error, but
the code will crash when glpk is doing
lp = lpx_create_prob();

this function fails because it cannot allocate memory in
umvoid *umalloc(int size)

Would you please help me on these problems?
Actually I am not so familiar with the compiling and memory allocate or
CRT,etc.

I was almost depressed by the problem,
would you please help me?
Thank you very much with best regards!