Re: [Help-glpk] jni, threadsafe, 4.8

From: Yuri
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] jni, threadsafe, 4.8
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:02:37 -0700

Hi,

I was the original author of JNI so I may be able to answer some questions:

Kratzke, Tom wrote:
Message
I'm interested in using jni on windows, and I need it to be threadsafe.  I have a couple of questions.

1.  Why did the contribs disappear from 4.7 and 4.8?
I do not know -- this is the question to maintainer(s).
2.  What do I have to do to build a threadsafe dll?
In JNI all code is thread-safe by definition, so there should be no worry here.
3.  Can I use jdk1.5's javah to generate the include file for glpk.c?
No need for this: JNI should just work out-of-the-box if all interface changes made in glpk were reflected in JNI code.
This is again up to people who makes changes.

You just compile JNI .dll, place it into special folder inside of jdk, compile .jar and place it into another special
folder inside jdk (see README) and it should just run after this.

Yuri