[Help-glpk] Phase II numerical instability

From: Stefan Herbergs
Subject: [Help-glpk] Phase II numerical instability
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:11:23 +0100

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with the new version of GLPK. I tried solving a LP with
version 4.1 and had no errors with the standalone solver and --nopresol
setting. Using --std I get an error message numerical instability primal
simplex phase I, but glpsol produces a result. If I use version 4.5 and
higher glpsol is not able to produce results. I just get hundreds of primal
simplex phase II numercal instabilities and the solver is stuck in a loop.

I will attach the .mps-file.

Thanks for help

Stefan

PS.: I'm using glpsol.exe for windows and compiled it on a cygwin
environment.

--
Dipl.-Phys. Stefan Herbergs
Lehrstuhl für technische Thermodynamik