Re: [Help-glpk] request an enhancement

From: Brady Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] request an enhancement
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:51:37 -0500

Liambas Christos wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>  Sorry for disturbing you but is there an implementation for using cplex
> in glpk? I’ve already subscribe to the mailing list but no confirmation
> mail come!I hope it will.
>
> Many thanks

Could you clarify what you mean?  GLPK and CPLEX both provide LP and IP
solvers; it doesn't make sense to use one "in" the other.

Perhaps you mean that you want to use the GMPL modeling parser with
CPLEX?  An easy but slow way to do this is to use GLPK just to create an
MPS file from a GMPL model.  This would be something like
glpsol --check --wmps output.mps --math input

Then you can run CPLEX on the MPS file.

If you want a way to have CPLEX do it directly, then you could using the
COIN-OR OSI interface.  If you have GLPK installed, then you can use a
function in OSI to read a GMPL model; then you can solve with any solver
that is supported (and which you have available).  Look at coin-or.org.

Brady