[Help-glpk] interrupt glpk using JNI

From: faheem hussain
Subject: [Help-glpk] interrupt glpk using JNI
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:27:26 -0700 (PDT)

I am using GLPK JNI for my problem. For the small instances it's ok since the solver doesn't take much time to solve. But sometimes when the instances are large GLPK takes few minutes to solve the instance. Now what if the user wants to interrupt the solver and not continue the solution process. I have tried to find out how to stop the solver while it is still running but no luck. I have tried to stop the java thread that starts GLPK solver native thread but it didn't help. Is there any API call or any specific method to interrupt the solver? I would highly appreciate any help.