[Help-glpk] printf and data files

From: Michael Mullen
Subject: [Help-glpk] printf and data files
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:16:05 +0100

Hi Lads,
attached is a snippet of code which I am using in my program.

/* Initial Parameters */

param m, integer, >0;

/* number of candidate base stations j*/

param n, integer, >0;

/* number of Test points i */

/* Sets */

set S :=1..m;

/* set of base stations */

set I :=1..n;

/* set of Test Points */

/* Parameters */

param c, integer,>0;

/* installation cost of the base station*/

param u{i in I},>=0;

/* This is the number of simultaneous connections for test point i. This is related to traffic demand and for this case, It is set to 1.*/

param d{ i in I, j in S},>=0;

/* distance between test points i and base stations j in kilometres*/

I have 2 queries that I need help on.

  1. printf, I can't seem to be able to use printf without an error popping up saying that the quote(single or double) is not allowed. Has anyone else ever come across this?
  2. As can be seen from the above, I have a parameter with the distance between 2 nodes. The issue I have is that when m & n are large i.e. m=200 and n=750, i need to have 150000 data entries for d[i,j]. Is there any way of creating a piece of code which can automatically generate the values( the range between 0.01 to 1.2Km in steps of 0.01Km). Is this possible?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Rgds,
Mick