Re: [Help-glpk] Compare two matrices

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Compare two matrices
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 07:34:43 -0400

Thanks again,

If anyone is interested.

My solution with a lot of help from Andrew Makhorin:

Problem: Compare two matrices, one including variables, the other including
parameters, both binary. Make sure that at most n changes can be made
between the two matrices.

Background: I use this for a scheduling programme that must make sure that
the schedule is not completely changed everytime a new one is computed.

Solution:

Since both matrices are binaries, I did the following: SUM{a in A, b in B,
c in C} if OLD[a,b,c] = 1 then -1*(NEW[a,b,c]-OLD[a,b,c]) else
(NEW[a,b,c]-OLD[a,b,c] <= n;

It worked for me, maybe someone else can use it as well.

Kind regads,

Timo