[Help-glpk] gmpl manual

From: Guney Petek
Subject: [Help-glpk] gmpl manual
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:00:52 -0400

Hello list members,

Are there other manuals on GMPL? I could not find out in the GMPL manual how to get the number of constraints, parameters, variables etc. read into the model. Also, I could not see how it may be possible to create intermediary values (are they called Macros?, as MPL does call them...) out of parameters or variables or combined.

Is GMPL 100% AMPL compatible? May I use AMPL manuals out there, without not much hesitation?

I read that "... the mathprog translator is greedy to the memory ..." and actually I am having problem getting the model generated for a large instance. glpsol runs out of memory on a machine with 1.5GB of memory before half of the constraints are generated. One reason I am learning GMPL is to be able to use GLPK. Would you recommend me an other language in that case? Or can I use glpsol to convert the model from GMPL to MPS not using the mathprog translator?

Hopefully this message was not off topic but are there other mail lists, forums, etc. on GNU Math Programming Language?

Thank you,
Guney