Re: [Help-glpk] memory allocation error

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] memory allocation error
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:55:38 +0400

> I'm using GLPK in combination with a few other tools. When I run a
> really long (several hours) test that sets up, solves and deletes lots
> of different optimisations I get the following error:
>
> xfree: memory allocation error
> Error detected in file glplib07.c at line 138
> Thus far I haven't found a quick way of reproducing the problem but
> it always happens eventually. Does anyone have any ideas on how I
> might start to troubleshoot this? I'm using GLPK 4.28, glpk_jni.dll,
> JNI and Java. My knowledge of C is also very limited so suggestions of
> general causes of the error would be very helpful

This error is detected by xfree, an internal glpk routine which
replaces the standard routine free and performs some additional sanity
checks. The error means that there is an attempt to deallocate a memory
block which was not previously allocated by xmalloc or xcalloc.

Could you determine which glpk api routine was called last? This would
help to find a possible bug.