[Help-glpk] Perform phase 1 simplex only

From: Joey Rios
Subject: [Help-glpk] Perform phase 1 simplex only
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 10:23:13 -0700

Hello,

I would like to do something like this:

1. Read in binary integer problem instance in CPLEX format.
2. Perform Phase 1 simplex to get feasible solution.
3. Do other stuff.

So I am fairly comfortable with steps one and three.  I can't see a clean way to perform step 2.  From the source code, it looks like I want to call spx_prim_feas() which essentially does the phase 1 thing.  Though the problem seems to be that after reading in the problem instance, I have an lp object and not an spx object (as required for spx_prim_feas()).  In normal operation I see that the lp information is transferred to an spx instance (in simplex1()), before going off and preforming the entire simplex algorithm (not just phase 1).

I also realize most of what I am mentioning here isn't part of the GLPK API, so I am not really supposed to have access to these functions.  So, given what I have described, is there a clean way to do this via the API?  If not, is my only option to hack up the glpk source to do what I want?

I am happy to provide more information is it is helpful.  Thanks in advance.

Joey

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.