[Help-glpk] Adding a new algorythem to GLPK

From: plonjers
Subject: [Help-glpk] Adding a new algorythem to GLPK
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I am a grad student at UC Riverside. A few other students and I have
been working on an implementation of a new algorithm to solve linear
packing and covering problems. We are perhaps a couple of weeks from
finishing. Here is a link to the paper describing the new algorithm:
http://arxiv.org/abs/0801.1987. It appears to be at least an order of
magnitude faster than GLPK simplex for large problems(greater than 2000
rows and columns). We were wondering if GLPK is the appropriate place to
add the implementation for other people to use as free software, and if so
then what are the appropriate steps to begin integrating our
implementation.

Thank you for the help.