RE: [Help-glpk] Hi: Question. Please help.

From: address@hidden
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] Hi: Question. Please help.
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 03:18:32 -0400

Hi Prasad,

If I understand correctly....you could try:

1. Let's say you have N variables (x)
2. Create a parameter of dimension N, containing the original values of
your variables (a)
3. Introduce N binary variables (u)
4. forall (n in N): -M x u_n <= x_n - a_n <= M x u_n
5. sum u_n <= maximum number of changes

M is a "big" number. This should be chosen as small as possible (creating
the smallest problem possible plus smallest change of frustrating round off
errors). I must say that with a 1000 variables, this might slow down the
solver drastically, nevertheless you could give it a try.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Timo