Re: [Help-glpk] Table Statement with Single ValueParameters

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Table Statement with Single ValueParameters
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:57:40 +0200

Hello Mike,

examples for using the table statement can be found in directory examples/sql.

The idea of the table statement was to be able to read sets and parameters over
a set.

You could add a column "Index" into ./WDOInputData/WDO2InputParms.txt.

set INDEX.
param current_parameter_set = 1;
param SHIP_PENALTY[i in INDEX].

table data IN "CSV" "./WDOInputData/WDO2InputParms.txt" :
       INDEX <-[Index], SHIP_PENALTY ~ ShipPenalty,  ...

In the model then use
SHIP_PENALTY[current_parameter_set];

This would make it very easy to run your models with different parameter sets,
by simply changing the line
param current_parameter_set = 1;

Or you could switch columns and rows in your csv-file:

Param, Value
SHIP_PENALTY, 10
SHIP_LTL_PENALTY, 100

set parameters;
param values[p in parameters];
table data IN "CSV" "./WDOInputData/WDO2InputParms.txt" :
       parameters <-[Param], values ~ Value;

and use in your model
Value["SHIP_PENALTY"].

Best regards