Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for GLPK 4.35 to support SWIG

From: Kelly Westbrooks
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Patch for GLPK 4.35 to support SWIG
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:32:09 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

When I generate a java interface for GLPK, I typically do something like this:

mkdir -p java/org/gnu/glpk
swig -java -package org.gnu.glpk -o src/glpk_wrap.c -outdir java/org/gnu/glpk
glpk.i

so as not to clutter up the root of the source tree. Then, i'll jar up the
contents of the "java" directory into glpk.jar, and use my IDE (XCode) to
compile the GLPK sources along with the generated "src/glpk_wrap.c" into a
shared library (obviously, in order to make the compile work, the code should
be linked against the jvm and contain jni.h and jni_md.h in the includes path).

I should note that SWIG doesn't generate a particularly "pretty" java interface
for GLPK -- but it does generate an interface that works. I have written my own
java adapter classes that wrap the java code that SWIG generates to make it
much more programmer-friendly. I can share them if anyone is interested.

--Kelly