Re: [Help-glpk] How important is backward compatibility?

From: Yingjie Lan
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] How important is backward compatibility?
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:59:03 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Jeffrey Kantor <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Jeffrey Kantor <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] How important is backward compatibility?
> To: "Yingjie Lan" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 6:52 PM
> Hi,
> Has anyone tried PyMathProg (and, of course,
> pyGLPK) on a macintosh?  I'm a little unsure how to go
> about installing these on a mac.

Hi, I'd love to see this happen with Mac too, but I don't
have a mac to play with. Suppose you have

1. Python 2.5 with distutil,
2. GLPK,

installed, try to download the source code of pyglpk from
pymprog.sf.net resource, and run the setup.py there:

python setup.py build

If that compiles, then you should run

python setup.py install

to have pyglpk installed. Installing pymprog
should be no problem, as it is pure python.

Hope this works, if you did try it, I'd appreciate
if you could let me know how it goes.

regards,

Yingjie