RE: [Help-glpk] Feature request - option to flush output

From: Hart, William E
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] Feature request - option to flush output
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:03:52 +0400

Hi, Andrew.

By default, IO streams are not regularly flushed; they are buffered in the
computer until 'enough' IO has been done (or until the stream is closed).

I'm piping glpsol through some Python code and this buffering is creating a
noticable delay in my processing.  What I'd like is an option that enables
explicit flushing of glpsol's output.  For example, after each status line is
printed, you might execute:

  flush(stdout)

(or do "cout << flush" in C++).

--Bill