Re: [Help-glpk] what kind of simplex does glp_simplex use

From: Ali Baharev
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] what kind of simplex does glp_simplex use
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:56:38 +0100

Hello,

You can tell GLPK to use either primal or dual, see the documentation
(a pdf) included in the distribution:

glp simplex—solve LP problem with the primal or dual simplex method

and also:

Control parameters

GLP_PRIMAL—use two-phase primal simplex;

GLP_DUAL —use two-phase dual simplex;

GLP_DUALP —use two-phase dual simplex, and if it fails, switch to the
primal simplex.

> whether does it mean that a very large simplex tableau has to be reserved. It
> is
> impossilbe and will cause out of memory in our case.

Have you actually tried that and you did in fact run out of memory?

If not then do not worry, GLPK is smart enough to manage the memory in
a sparing way.

Good luck!

Ali