[Help-glpk] How to create appropriate constraint file for a problem

From: Pomeroy, Roger C
Subject: [Help-glpk] How to create appropriate constraint file for a problem
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 17:18:49 -0800

I have a problem where I want to solve for the min number of points needed to
distribute along the edge of two rectangles:

The requirements are that opposing sides have the same number of points total.
Also, the edges in the middle which are common must have same number of points.
The   edges in each rectangle may be broken into different number of segments,
as denoted by the + below

-------------- -------------
|            | |            |
|            | |            +
+.          | |            |
|            | |            +
|            | |            |
------------- --------------

I have attached a separate file that shows an input deck that does this (it is
a deck in the old MPS format, btw).   The problem setup will work for this
case, but it is lacking an additional constraint that I want to impose...
namely that the final ratio of the number of points in each segment to the
total number on each edge should stay as close as possible to original ratio
(the min values input originally)

I can't seem to figure out how to impose this constraint ... just wondering if
anyone else can enlighten me?

Thanks!

Roger