Re: [Help-glpk] sensitivity analysis table in glpk

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] sensitivity analysis table in glpk
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 12:46:57 +0300

> Thanks for that information. I checked the source code, and wonder if
> there is a way to have the output go to the standard output. Currently
> I only saw a possibility that requires a little change to the source
> code:

> The prototype is:

>   int lpx_print_sens_bnds(LPX *lp, const char *fname)

> There is a line like this:

>    fp = xfopen(fname, "w");

> If it is changed to something like this:

>    fp = fname? xfopen(fname, "w"): stdout;

> where 'stdout' stands for the standard output (not sure if I got this
> right), then we can have things printed to standard output as well.

Writing to stdout should be supported by xfopen in the same way as it
supports, for example, .gz files, i.e. something like this:

   fp = xfopen("/dev/stdout", "w");

where "/dev/stdout" is a special filename recognized within xfopen
(may be using "-" would be even better). This would allow writing to
stdout everywhere the filename is specified (for example, in glpsol).
However, this feature is not implemented yet, though it is quite easy
to implement it.