Re: [Help-glpk] Application crash due to assert in GLPK

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Application crash due to assert in GLPK
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 07:55:22 +0300

> Unfortunately a failed xassert will completely stop the program that
> called the glpk native library. With the current design it is not
> possible to catch a Java exception.

> I wonder if it was wise to put an assert here since GLPK should not
> fail due to a change the system time.

> Hence I suggest Andrew could remove the assert in function x_time.

I replaced the old version of xtime by a new one, which does not call
xassert. The new version is configurable and attempts to use a native
time function, for example, gettimeofday on POSIX platforms. I also
added a new api routine glp_error_hook to install a user-defined hook
routine called from xerror before the latter calls abort; this feature
can be used to prevent abnormal termination caused by glpk api.