[Help-glpk] Getting null object when using read_model()

From: Jordan Stone
Subject: [Help-glpk] Getting null object when using read_model()
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:59:30 -0400

Hello all,

I am an intermediate Java programmer and am using glpk-java too import a model
written in MathProg and run it inside of a Java GUI application. The model runs
just fine if tested in GUSEK, but when I try to create an object of the model
in java using the read_model(.modFile, data, output) method, I get a
nullpointer exception because the object being created is null.

The model imports multiple .csv files to use as data sources, but no .dat
files, thus the second parameter in the read_model method is null. Is there an
issue with glpk-java creating an object from a model that imports .csv files?
How can I work around this? Thanks so much for all of your help.

Jordan Stone
404.642.1998
address@hidden