Re: [Help-glpk] glp_get_col_prim() problem

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glp_get_col_prim() problem
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:00:08 +0400

> OTOH, please excuse my ignorance, but assuming all
> my variables are marked as binary in CPLEX LP file, do I really need to
> call glp_intopt() after glp_simplex() even if glp_get_status(lp) ==
> GLP_OPT assertion holds?

Yes. Glp_simplex solves lp relaxation, i.e. it considers all integer
variables as continuous (e.g. binary variable x is considered as
continuous variable 0 <= x <= 1), and glp_get_status reports the status
of optimal solution to lp relaxation, not to mip. To determine the
status of integer solution you need to call glp_mip_status. You can find
details in the reference manual.