Re: [Help-glpk] Linear programming with endogenous constraints

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Linear programming with endogenous constraints
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 08:14:00 +0200

Hello Dan,

when using GLPK it is not necessary to start programming in
Python or any other programming language. GLPK comes with the
standalone solver glpsol. You can formulate your linear problem
in the math programming language GMPL described in doc/gmpl.pdf.

With GMPL you can write your constraints very much like you formulate
them in a mathematical equation.

See the examples provided with the GLPK distribution.

Resorting to programming is necessary for implementation
of heuristics like column generation or for tight integration
into other software.

GLPK can be directly used together with C. Language bindings
for several other languages exist. For Python have a look at
http://www.dcc.fc.up.pt/~jpp/code/python-glpk/

> how to develop variable bounds that are
> endogenous
A constraint may contain multiple variables, e.g.

production - capacity <= 0

Best regards

Xypron

-------- Original-Nachricht --------