[Help-glpk] if...then...else

From: Jeff Hamann
Subject: [Help-glpk] if...then...else
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 04:32:07 +0400

I'm trying to add a cardinality constraint to an existing model and I'm getting
stuck.

var w{S} ;
param inc{S}, binary;

where I want to set the binary variable:

if w[s] = 0 then inc[s] = 0 else inc[s] = 1

s.t. IsIncluded {s in S}: if w[s] > 0 then inc[s]=1;

/* a cardinality constraint -- only include 4 in the solution */
s.t. C6: sum {s in S} inc[s]  = 4;

I must admit I'm a newbie at coding models with MathProg, so I think I'm
suffering from the syntax.

Basically, I would like to set the binary variable to 1 if w[s] > 0 and 0
otherwise.

Is this the proper use of the if-then-else statement?

Jeff Hamann
address@hidden