Re: [Help-glpk] Presolver not found for interior point algorithms

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Presolver not found for interior point algorithms
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 04:59:26 +0400

> Presolver not found for interior point algorithmsThe documentation
> is clear that the GLPK --presol option is only for the simplex
> algorithm, with the implication that it is not for the interior point
> solver.

> Why?  pre-solve is used very successfully with interior point algorithms.

The glpk interior-point presolver is only partially implemented and
not tested yet, so currently it is unavailable.

(Before v.4.39 in glpk there are two presolver program modules, one
for basic solutions and another for integer solutions. In 4.39
I replaced them by one program module suitable for all cases, in
particular, for interior-point solutions. However, it is still
incomplete and some interior-point specific functions are still
not implemented.)

Andrew Makhorin