[Help-glpk] RE: sample.c

From: Rios, Joseph L. (ARC-AFO)
Subject: [Help-glpk] RE: sample.c
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 07:14:42 -0500

> > >C:\xrcs>E:\Dev-Cpp\bin\gcc -LC:\xrcs\glpk-4.44 sample.o -lglpk -lm
> > >
> > >gives an error
> > >
> > >E:\Dev-
> > Cpp\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot
> > find -lglpk
> > >collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > >
> > >What's wrong?
> >
> > I don't use Windows, but I'd try checking your Library path.  If I'm
> > not mistaken, the GLPK library is built into the src directory.  Try
> > this as your library path flag:
> >
> > -LC:\xrcs\glpk-4.44\src
> >
> > Let us know how it goes.
> >

> I've tried. It's the same result.

>> Let us know how it goes.
>>

>I've tried. It's the same result.

Well, no one else is chiming in, so I guess you are stuck with me.  Maybe a
Windows user will help out?

Have you actually installed glpk?  If so, the library should be in a default
location and ready to be linked against.  If you haven't done a 'make install'
for GLPK, I'd recommend you try that next and then figure out where the library
file goes (is it a .dll for Windows?).  You shouldn't even need a -L flag if
the library is installed in a default location, though you can supply one
anyway if you know where the installed library lives.

>From the GLPK manual:

If the library is installed in the default location /usr/local/lib, the
following typical command may be used to link, say, the example C program
described above against with the library:
$ gcc sample.o -lglpk -lm
If the GLPK library is not in the default location, the corresponding
directory containing it should be made known to the linker through -L
option, for example:
$ gcc -L/foo/bar/glpk-4.15 sample.o -lglpk -lm

Keep us posted.

Joey