[Help-glpk] Incomplete output when using "--cuts" option

From: Greg Gruber
Subject: [Help-glpk] Incomplete output when using "--cuts" option
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:40:48 -0400

Hello,

I am using the standalone glpsol solver to solve a MIP.  I had been using it with the "--cuts" option, but noticed a strange problem.  My model includes a binary variable indexed over a large set.  Like this:

set CurCoverage dimen 2;
  .
  .
  .
var kcoversi {(k,i) in CurCoverage} >=0, <= 1;
var inuse {c in Combinations} binary;

and a constraint where kcoversi >= inuse -- which should force koversi to take on values of only 0 or 1 without being declared binary.

After I solve the model, I want to see which values of kcoversi are = 1, so I have an output statement like this:

printf{(k,i) in CurCoverage: kcoversi[k,i] >0}: "%f, %f, %f\n", k, i, kcoversi[k,i];

when I solve without the "--cuts" option, everything works fine.  When I solve with the "--cuts" option, I get the same result for the objective, but when I use the printf command to display for which values of CurCoverage is kcoversi=1 (as above), it is missing a small number of tuples.  If I just display all values of kcoversi, the correct results are displayed.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Greg