Re: [Help-glpk] computational efforts, message level and KKT check

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] computational efforts, message level and KKT check
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:09:36 +0300

Hi Ali,

> In my application I would like to get the computational efforts
> through the C API. In the previous releases I could use
> lpx_get_int_parm with LPX_K_ITCNT but it does not seem to work
> anymore. Please provide API functions to get the computational efforts
> such as iteration count.

I decided not to include routines like lpx_get_parm/lpx_set_parm in the
new api, because most of control parameters in the old api are solver
properties rather than model properties. Probably such statistics could
be reported through the parameter block passed to the solver, for
example, glp_simplex could report the iteration count and other
statistics through glp_smcp structure.

> If I set the message level to GLP_MSG_ERR I still get the output of
> the scaling routines. Please disable this if the message level is
> warning and error messages only. (It is causing me problems.)

This bug was fixed. The messages from glp_scale_prob may appear only if
you call it explicitly, i.e. out of glp_simplex, in which case you could
use glp_term_out to disable undesirable output.

> Is there a reason why lpx_check_kkt is not glp_check_kkt? I use this
> function very often and I hope it will not be removed from the API.

Lpx_check_kkt is the only routine that still has no equivalent in the
new api, because I would like to replace it with several api routines to
facilitate its usage; besides, the math used there needs some
improvements.

Andrew Makhorin