Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: CMAKE build environment (and version control)]

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: CMAKE build environment (and version control)]
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:14:17 +0100

I would support using cmake because of it's cross platform capabilities. In
order to make GLPKIDE for jEdit buildfiles using Ant are required (I have some
if anyone wants them). Note that

http://code.google.com/p/cmakeant/

promises a tool that:

Provides a simple ant task to integrate cmake projects into larger projects
built with ant. Supports multiplatform cmake builds easily from ant file.
Allows ant properties to be passed to cmake as variables and and cmake
variables to passed back to ant as properties.

This task calls cmake to generate the platform specific build files (ide
projects or makefiles). It then uses the generated files to builds the project,
reading the CMakeCache.txt to resolve the appropriate build command. This
enables a single ant task to call cmake on any platform, hiding the platform
specific code required to launch build.

This promises a much better build envionment using Ant, than the .bat file
currently provided by the Java interface.