[Help-glpk] R GLPK no memory available

From: Kaustubh Patil
Subject: [Help-glpk] R GLPK no memory available
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:35:59 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I am using the R binding for GLPK (i.e. library("glpk")) so solve a rather
large LP. By large I mean that around 1 million coefficients and approx
same number of constraints. The program starts off quite okay and goes on
for a while and then ends up with the following error;

 umalloc: size = 166550392; no memory available

Wha seems t be the problem here? If its inufficient memory then is there
some way to allow more memory usage?

Searchign web for this didnt lead to any useful solution.

When tried with a subset, I got the solution.

My machine confguration is;

R 2.11.1 (64 bit)
R GLPK library 4.8-0.5
4GB RAM