RE: [Help-glpk] DIMACS, mincost and GLPSOL

From: Meketon, Marc
Subject: RE: [Help-glpk] DIMACS, mincost and GLPSOL
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 15:41:55 -0500

I had a modified form of Andrew Goldberg's CS2 on my laptop (I bought a license
many years ago) which supposedly is a better version of RELAX-IV.

My modification had taken out the ability to read DIMACs, but I had some time
to kill in the last hour and reinstalled that ability.

On my problem that took about 30 minutes with the out-of-kilter algorithm in
GLPK (and about 170 minutes with the GLPK simplex), CS2 took 7 seconds.  Whew.