Re: [Help-glpk] minimising after maximising

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] minimising after maximising
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:16:20 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011, Nick Farrell wrote:

Wouldn't that mean that z[] was always >= 3?

Yes.  That is what you asked for.

I want z[j] to be x[j] if x[j] < 3, 3 otherwise.

Minimizing a minimum is trickier.

z[j] <= x[j]
z[j] <= 3
z[j] >= 3 - M[j] b[j]
z[j] >= x[j] - N[j] (1-b[j])

where the b's are new binary variables and the
M's and N's are new, possibly large, constants.

Selecting their values is left as an exercise for the reader.

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Michael Hennebry <