Re: [Help-glpk] MySQL Driver Error

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] MySQL Driver Error
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 04:15:28 +1200 (NZST)

Hello Eric, Xypron

To:           Eric Moore <address@hidden>
From:         Xypron <address@hidden>
Date:         Sat, 17 Sep 2011 00:58:05 +0200

> Hello Eric,
>
> please, use ODBC to connect to your MySQL Server. ODBC
> is installed on all Windows machines anyway. You will
> need the MySQL-ODBC connector available from Oracle.
>
> Cf.
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/ODBC
>
> In principle you should be able to compile GLPK with
> MySQL enable by modifying the config.h file (defining
> symbol MYSQL_DLNAME) and the Makefile (adjust the
> include paths) in the w64 or w32 directory. The
> relevant code implementing the MySQL connectivity is in
> src/glpsql.c.
>
> Best regards
>
> Xypron

[snip: remainder of thread]

Yesterday I added a new section to the GLPK wikibook,
recording what Andrew had said:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/ODBC#MySQL_support

I hope this new entry does not add to the confusion!

When I get better view of the problem and solution,
I will revise that entry accordingly.

best wishes, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]