Re: [Help-glpk] interpretation of 'glp_print_sol' and 'glp_print_ranges'

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] interpretation of 'glp_print_sol' and 'glp_print_ranges'
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 22:21:49 +1300 (NZDT)

To:           Robbie Morrison <address@hidden>
Subject:      Re: [Help-glpk] interpretation of 'glp_print_sol' and
From:         Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
Date:         Thu, 13 Oct 2011 00:41:39 +0400

> The output produced by glp_print_sol is similar to the
> one used in the IBM mps/360 package and described in
> the book "Modern Linear Programming" by Bruce
> Murtagh. However, I altered it a bit, because glpk uses
> auxiliary variables rather than slack/surplus ones. On
> the other hand, the output produced by glp_print_ranges
> is exactly the same as in mps/360.

Hi Andrew

I guess the book you mention should be:

  Murtagh, Bruce A
  1981
  Advanced linear programming : theory and practice
  McGraw-Hill, New York, USA
  ISBN-10 0-07-044095-6
  ISBN-13 978-0-07-044095-1

best wishes, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]