Re: [Help-glpk] Podhradsky (2010) review of optimization modeling langua

From: Harley
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Podhradsky (2010) review of optimization modeling languages
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:56:23 +1100

I dont think either Nigel's or Robbie's response or either off topic or should
be resisted.

I think the intent of the paper tries to answer a very valid question where most of the interest to me is not the conclusions of the paper, but rather the stimulus for discussion on how do you evaluate a 'best' modelling language. One of the reasons for my interest in GLPK is the meld of mathematical, operations research and industrial application that this field encompasses and seeing and responding to all of the different perspectives leads to a much more useful end product.

Certainly the topic is not covered in the depth and breadth that would be required for a comprehensive comparison in an undergraduate thesis, but the question still is one worthy of exploration.

Regards,

Harley Mackenzie

      Dr. Harley Mackenzie         ABN:   36 348 783 012

      HARD Software                Web:   www.hardsoftware.com
      PO BOX 8004                  Tel:   +61 3 5222 3435
      Newtown 3220, Australia      Email: address@hidden