Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Help Needed]

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Help Needed]
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 04:27:58 +1200

Hello all

For those of us who don't use Java:

 "Classpath is a parameter -- set either on the
  command-line, or through an environment variable --
  that tells the Java Virtual Machine or the compiler
  where to look for user-defined classes and packages."

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classpath_%28Java%29

What would be the equivalent in C/C++, I wonder?
An exception that allows for both static and dynamic
linking??

My view is that if some kind of 'classpath' exception
is made to GLPK, then it should be language-agnostic --
that is, not specifically written for Java, Plankalkül,
or any other supported or yet to be supported language
binding.

cheers, Robbie

From:           glpk xypron
Date:           Tue, 10 Apr 2012 22:09:53 +0200

> Hello Noli,
>
> GLPK Java is currently licensed under GPL v3.
>
> I could (and would be willing to) offer GLPK Java under
> a less restrictive license if the GLPK license were
> less restrictive.
>
> Actually the license of GLPK does not even allow it to
> be dynamically linked to any software that is not under
> a GPL v3 compatible license. It would be a great
> alleviation if Andrew could at least add a class path
> exception as in
>
> http://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html
>
> Best regards
>
> Xypron

---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]