[Help-glpk] How did you rewrite the cplex API?

From: Christophe-Marie Duquesne
Subject: [Help-glpk] How did you rewrite the cplex API?
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 13:13:14 +0200

Hi,

Browsing the glpk sources, I found the following file: examples/cplex/cplex.h

I am the author of lazylpsolverlibs [1], a project aiming at
generating proxy libraries for commercial lp solvers. My goal is to
provide opensource libraries to link to for open source programs that
use commercial lp solvers. These libraries transparently proxy calls
to the closed-source ones whenever the solver can be found on the
machine. My primary target is Osi [2], but I think other opensource
implementations can benefit from such a work.

Right now, what bothers me the most is copyright issues. Implementing
proxy functions is not a problem, but writing headers in a way I can
redistribute them freely gives me headaches. As a consequence, I am
interested in knowing about the way you wrote this file. Did you start
from the actual cplex.h? Did you rewrite it from scratch?

Cheers,
Christophe-Marie

[1]: https://code.google.com/p/lazylpsolverlibs/
[2]: https://projects.coin-or.org/Osi