Re: [Help-glpk] the runtime terminate it in an unusual way

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] the runtime terminate it in an unusual way
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:19:05 +0400

> i have these two files that i am attaching.
>
> I tried to run them on GLPSOL with the command CUTS but after a few
> minutes i get this message:
>
> this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way
>

> May depend on what?

Sorry, your mip is too large:

153838 rows, 33480 columns, 23723323 non-zeros
33480 integer variables, all of which are binary

Even solving the lp relaxation (with the lp presolver disabled) requires
more than 2Gb of the main memory, so it cannot be solved on a 32-bit
platform. (You must see the error message 'no memory available' written
to the standard output before termination.)

Please note also that even if the required memory would be available (on
a 64-bit platform), it is doubtful that glpk is able to solve such huge
mip for a reasonable time.