Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: No Memory Available Error]

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: No Memory Available Error]
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 01:38:09 +1200

Hi Aly

To:           Robbie Morrison <address@hidden>, glpk xypron
<address@hidden>
From:         Aly Megahed <address@hidden>
Date:         Sat, 18 Aug 2012 08:31:16 -0400 (EDT)

> Thanks a lot for your replies, Robbie and
> Xypron. I did understand your excellent remarks,
> but I still do have a couple of questions, please:
>
> 1. So, I tried to use the 64 bit GLPK on a machine
> with windows 7 64 bit and Excel and Access 64
> bit. However, when connecting to the Excel or the
> access database through ODBC, I get the following
> error:

[snip : ODBC error messages and configurations]

> Any thoughts why this is not working, and how can
> I get it to work?

I don't use these tools, but have you looked here:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/ODBC
  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Windows_IDEs#Microsoft_Excel_integration

[snip : migrating to MySql]

> 2. I used to use CPLEX through generating the .lp
> or the .mps file through GLPK, then solve that
> using CPLEX. However, I was wondering if there is
> a way to automatically call CPLEX within the GLPK
> code (which would enable me to get the solutions
> from CPLEX back, and play with them,....etc). I
> saw in one of the links that Robbie sent, a C code
> that apparently does this. Is there any other
> direct easier way to do that?

I'm not sure about system calls from within
MathProg (but someone will).  But you could
perhaps do it the other way around, call GLPSOL
from a script.  Any scripting language would do
(bash, perl, python, ruby) or whatever is native
on Windows box.

In which case, have you looked here:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Scripting_plus_MathProg

The other option is to program more directly, also
using a scripting language.  For example, python:

  http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Python

> Your help will be greatly appreciated!

good luck with your project!  Robbie

> Best,
> Aly

[snip]

Are you signed on to this list?  If not: