[Help-glpk] order restrictions

From: robin hankin
Subject: [Help-glpk] order restrictions
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 11:20:24 +1300

hello.

I have a MIP, very similar to the sudoku.mod example in the examples/ directory.

It's a 3D binary array.

Let's say I have three restrictions, A, B, and C.

A is satisfied 70% of the time and it takes a long long time to evaluate.
B is very similar to A but is satisfied 80% of the time.
C is satisfied 0.0001% of the time and is very very quick.

A human would ignore A and B, and concentrate on C.  When he found a proposed solution
that satisfies C, he would then check A and B (and if either of these is not satisfied he would

How do I tell glpsol this information about the best order to evaluate A/B/C?  Or does it "know"?

--
Robin Hankin
Uncertainty Analyst