Re: [Help-glpk] order restrictions

From: glpk xypron
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] order restrictions
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2012 07:44:20 +0100

Hello Robin,

> I have a MIP, very similar to the sudoku.mod example in the examples/
> directory.
MIP optimzers are not fast solvers for constraint programming problems.

To choose the variable glpsol uses the Tomlin-Driebeek heuristic by default, cf.

http://opim.wharton.upenn.edu/~guignard/916_2011/papers_to_read/Driebeck_1966_MSc.pdf

and

*  Tomlin J.A. Branch and bound methods for integer and non-convex
*  programming, in J.Abadie (ed.), Integer and Nonlinear Programming,
*  North-Holland, Amsterdam, pp. 437-50 (1970).

You can influence the branching variable if you use GLPK library and provide a
callback function. See
gpk-4.47/doc/glpk.pdf

Best regards

Xypron