[Help-glpk] language and clarity

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: [Help-glpk] language and clarity
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:58:15 +1300

Hi all

Just a note to everybody that this list is read by
non-native english speakers.  After looking at the
"w/" (below) for a quite a while, I figured it
means "with".  Google translate didn't understand
it either.

> Solving the dual as Marc suggested works much
> better. There were no failures even w/ 10,000
> points whereas the original formulation
> consistently fails w/ 1000 points.

In passing, I got told at a university seminar the
other day that my question in native english was
incompressible, that "we speak international
english here", and thence followed attempts to
translate.  Ouch.

best wishes, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]