Re: [Help-glpk] Performance decrease with more powerful computer

From: Henri Gourvest
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Performance decrease with more powerful computer
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 12:34:18 +0100

Hi,

As Jeffrey say:
"Sometimes small changes in numerics can make a big difference in how the branches of an MIP problem are explored"

The FPU Control Word directly impact how glpk will explore branches.
It can be different by thread. The default value is not the same if you are using visual studio, gcc or java ...
GLPK don't set the FPU control word.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/e9b52ceh(v=vs.80).aspx

henri