Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Converting AMPL Bender's Decomposition code

From: Jeffrey Kantor
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Converting AMPL Bender's Decomposition code
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 18:52:00 -0500

Hi Joey,

Would the api routine

glp_get_unbnd_ray—determine variable causing unboundedness

help?

Jeff

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Joey Rios <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

> On "Dantzig-Wolfe decomposition with GLPK" Joey Rios also present the
> algorithm limitations: "subproblems must be bounded. There may also be
> bugs."
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GLPK/Add-Ons#Dantzig-Wolfe_decomposition

The necessity of bounded subproblems in my DW code comes from GLPK not being able to return a bounding ray when a problem is unbounded.  If GLPK could return a bounding ray, then the DW code could be modified to use it and get rid of the need for bounded subproblems.  Also, I pretty much write "there may be bugs" on all of my code. :)

Joey