Re: [Help-glpk] glpk on amazon linux ami

From: Nigel Galloway
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glpk on amazon linux ami
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 05:33:23 -0700

AWS has a discussion forum, currently with no questions about installing the AWS GLPK package. That may be a better place to ask. I notice the available packages include gcc4.7, there are many questions and answers about installing that, see https://forums.aws.amazon.com/search.jspa?objID=f30&q=gcc&x=14&y=14. Given that the AWS package is GLPK4.40, you may be better installing gcc with help from the above forum if needed, then obtaining the latest glpk (4.48) and compiling it, with help from this group and the wiki as needed.

A final option is that rpm packages can be installed on AWS. You could obtain any rpm for 4.48 and install that.

--
Nigel Galloway
address@hidden