Re: [Help-glpk] ELF Library

From: Giorgio Sartor
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] ELF Library
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 17:08:52 +0200

Well...very often the solution to a problem is the simplest one.
As I wrote I used the command

gcc -L../glpk/lib -lglpk main.c cplex.c -o proximityglpk

to compile. Like someone had noticed, I'm new on compiling and linking manually (usually I use XCode) and I made a stupid mistake. The flag of the libraries must be placed after the object to which you want to link the libraries. So the command

gcc main.c cplex.c -L../glpk/lib -lglpk -lm -o proximityglpk

solved my problem. Now I have an executable that can run on the computing server!!
I'm sure that almost all of you know how to put the libraries flags, probably no one noticed that.
But thank you very much for all your help.

Gioker

2013/4/11 xypron <address@hidden>

Hello Giorgio

Giorgio Sartor wrote:

> However I successfully compiled the GLPK library in the server. Using
> "--prefix=PATH" with "configure" I was able to tell GLPK where to put my
> libraries.

now use
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=PATH
to make the library available.