[Help-glpk] Gplk and exception handling

From: Rabih Chaar
Subject: [Help-glpk] Gplk and exception handling
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:12:48 +0100

Hello all,
I have a question concerning glpk and exception handling.
I am mainly wrapping glpk to offer its functionalities in an object language.

The resources like problems are wrapped in objects with a dispose method. This
is normally called when object is garbaged by gc.

Looking at error.c, raising an exception calls the registered hook via
glp_error_hook, and calls afterward abort and exit. If the hook doesn't raise
immediately an exception, the runtime will crash via the abort call.

Is this behavior deliberate?
Why not call abort and leave that to the calling function language to decide
when to throw?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rabih Chaar