[Help-glpk] GLPSOL issue

From: Mattia Buccarella
Subject: [Help-glpk] GLPSOL issue
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 14:02:56 +0200

Hello everybody.

I am having an issue using the standalone glpsol solver: on some particular instances, the solver enters a never-ending elaboration (I let it run for 8 hours, when 20 seconds would be already a huge time for an instance of that size), without finding any solution. I am certain that the feasible solution exists because: 1. two other solvers (minos and Cbc) found it and 2. in case of non-existing solution, the solver should tell me that the instance is empty. Anyway, in the following you can find the model and the instance that gives the issue.

model: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44504233/glpk_issue/glpk_model.mod
instance: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44504233/glpk_issue/glpk_input.dat

Interesting property: the issue occurs on all the instances having Cores['ECONOMIC'] very small (=5 in the sample that I provided).

I am using glpsol v4.55 on 64 bit ubuntu. The command line I use is simply

glpsol --math --model glpk_model.mod --data glpk_input.dat

Thank you for your time and attention.

--
Mattia Buccarella