Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: Future improvements for GLPK]

From: Noli Sicad
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: Future improvements for GLPK]
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 14:17:45 +1100

Hi,

I have good result of using RINS in CBC solver. It was able to solve my MIP
forestry model with 5,000 stands / polygons x 10-year planning period (i.e.
more than 50,000 columns / variable in 4.5 hours.

This more than 50,000 columns MIP model could not be solved with
proximity search and Fpump in GLPK solver at the moment. Cuts
algorithms could not solve this problem as well.

I only managed to solve more than 20,0000 variables in GLPK Solver
using proximity search and it took more than 3 hours to solve it.

Hope to see RINS incorporated in GLPK solver.

Thanks.

Noli