[Help-glpk] piecewise functions in glpk

From: Giovanni Di Stasi
Subject: [Help-glpk] piecewise functions in glpk
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:40:44 +0200

Hi everyone,

I was trying to solve a problem where I have the constraints that are sums of piecewise functions. Such functions are not 0 in the origin, so I was wondering how can I specify them.

I've read that there is a notation to specify where the function is zero, but it is not very clear to me how to correctly write that.

If you start, for instance, with this example, taken from the docs:

<<limit1[i,j], limit2[i,j]; rate1[i,j], rate2[i,j], rate3[i,j]>> Trans[i,j]

how can you specify where the function assumes zero as value? Moreover, what if the function assumes 0 in more points?

Thanks a lot,
Giovanni